It’s bad enough to crack or chip a tooth. But to add insult to injury, you may live in pain and sensitivity for a few weeks before restoring it with a dental crown. Fortunately, if you are within range of a dentist offering CEREC dental crowns, you can restore your tooth in one day—no need to wear impractical temporary crowns for weeks while waiting for your new crown.
At Greg Campbell, DDS, we have embraced the CEREC technology to ensure our Long Beach, California, patients don’t endure pain and discomfort after tooth decay or damage. We offer same-day dental crowns to restore your teeth in just one appointment!
Benefits of CEREC Dental Crowns
CEREC in full, Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics, uses the CAD/CAM technology to ensure designing and fabricating your crown is done under one roof. No need to send models to an off-site dental lab office, which takes weeks to create your crowns.
Here are the incredible benefits of single-visit dental crowns.
- Saves time: Traditional crowns need at least two dental appointments. This might be too much to ask from someone with time constraints. CEREC crowns are done in just one visit.
- No temporary crowns: As their name suggests, temporary crowns are just temporary. They cause tooth sensitivity and can fall off since they don’t have a comfortable fit. CEREC crowns don’t need temporary restorations because you leave our dental office with a permanent restoration.
- No messy impressions: Traditional crowns involve taking a messy and uncomfortable dental mold to have your impressions taken. CEREC crowns use a hand-held wand to capture images of your mouth. Digital intraoral cameras are quick, comfortable, and accurate.
- More accurate: Physical impressions work, but factors like the amount of saliva in your mouth and how well the trays fit your mouth could affect their accuracy. Digital impressions are far more accurate, which results in superior appliances.
- Reduced anesthesia injections: The dentist only needs to numb your mouth once during CEREC crown treatment. This is good news for patients with a fear of needles.
- No second appointment weeks later to complete the Crown.
Want to restore your smile without the wait? If you are in Long Beach, California, please dial 562 988-0148 to book an appointment with Dr. Greg Campbell for CEREC crowns.
Share this Article